Wiring A 1936 Chevy Coupe

Feb 15, 2017 10:57 PM - 1631 Views Create A New Thread

Builder's Corner

By Contact Information
will547

Rosharon, TX

Wiring A 1936 Chevy Coupe
Wiring A 1936 Chevy Coupe Progress continues. Installing a new wiring harness. Also ordered a new fuel cell and new dash insert. Trying to spend an hour or two on it each day.

Wiring 1936 Chevy Coupe Willie Moore StreetRodding Hot Rod Muscle car

SHARE THIS THREAD

StreetRodding.com Is Proud To Have The Following Advertisers Supporting This Site.

Comments
  • jimmothershead
    Sep 18, 2018 at 11:06 AM

• ????????????
    September 18, 2018
    Jim

• jimmothershead
    Sep 18, 2018 at 11:06 AM

• ????????????
    September 18, 2018
    Jim

• 32 Dodge
    Sep 15, 2018 at 10:02 AM

• Just wondering, How did you make out?

• GeneF
    Sep 3, 2018 at 7:15 PM

• I always wondered if the generic ones, like Jegs sells, are the same exact thing, just 1/2 the price?

• 32 Dodge
    Sep 1, 2018 at 12:02 PM

• If you have just inherited this car with the wiring only begun by someone else, and you don't know how to wire a car............ I believe the best advice for you would be to call American Autowire in New Jersey and get a basic wiring kit. They have color coded instructions which make it very easy to install. There are other wiring companies also. (And I have used them also in the past).

American Autowire advertises on this site. They are good people, I met them in York.

I have 2 street rods which I wired myself using the American Autowire basic kits. If they were not available, I would have had to ask someone else to wire my cars since I don't know enough on my own.

Good luck,
    Mike

• hitch1282
    Sep 1, 2018 at 1:12 AM

• So after my father's passing, I inherited his 1937 business coupe that he was in the beginning stages of wiring. He has managed to get some of the wiring done, but to what extent, I can't tell. He has lines for the distributor, starter and I believe everything in the engine, when I was checking it over, he was charging his battery to maybe install it? I don't know where to begin. I was wondering if I could post some pictures and get some feedback, am I in the right place?

• whipsold39
    Feb 27, 2017 at 10:14 AM

• Just curious on what brand wire harness you are using.

• okie34
    Feb 27, 2017 at 9:22 AM

• How is the progress coming on the 36? Lonestar Roundup is coming.

• will547
    Feb 26, 2017 at 8:58 PM

• Jim

Thanks for the feedback great advice. You are the man!!! Willie Moore

• 39cheby
    Feb 18, 2017 at 8:25 PM

• I installed a complete wiring kit in my 39 chevy with a lot of good info from Jim. He knows is stuff! Thanks again Jim.

Sign in to comment.

Find Your Street Rod

For Sale

Suicide Latch
New $299.00 +$0.00 Shipping (Orange, CA) Sep 11

Connect With Us

Advertisers

Quick Links