Edlebrock intake and carb combination
Jul 12, 2018 1:51 PM - 381 Views Create A New Thread
Restart problem and possible solutions
I have a 5.7 (350) with edlebrock aluminum heads, edlebrock 2201 cam, an RPM AirGap square bore intake, mounted with a Edlebrock 1406 carburetor. All in excellent condition.
It struggles to restart after warming/coming to temp, and then sitting for 15 minutes or so. Almost like it is flooded but not.
Edlebrock site does not recommend using a 1406 with the RPM AirGap intakes. In fact it says not to.
So what are your thoughts to eleviate the problem.
A) Change the carburetor to the Thunder carb to meet what Edlebrock suggests... OR
B) Change out the intake to a Performer Intake that matches the 1406?
Thanks for your suggestions and ideas.
The car is a cruiser and not set up for racing...
SHARE THIS THREAD
StreetRodding.com Is Proud To Have The Following Advertisers Supporting This Site.
Jul 24, 2018 at 8:02 AM
- Have you changed the intake or carb yet? Curious as to how it does. I said you should change the intake because then you will not be limited as to what carb you can run. I am partial to a Holley myself.
Jul 13, 2018 at 1:12 PM
- Change the intake. Let us know how it does.
Jul 13, 2018 at 11:16 AM
- Engine bay as is... replace intake or carb?
Jul 12, 2018 at 11:53 PM
Will547...Yes it is new and in place!
PLEASE DELETE YOUR PHOTO OF THE SPACER... THANKS
Jul 12, 2018 at 10:17 PM
- Do you have the phenolic spacer under the carbuerator???? Thsi will cure the slow/hard start problem after warm up. Willie Moore StreetRodding.com
Jul 12, 2018 at 2:05 PM
- Check the timing. Been there. Don't worry about a timing light. Move the distributor on idle until it smooths out then try it. May have to play with it some. You will find it's sweet spot.
Sign in to comment.