1934 Phaeton

Aug 30, 2018 4:07 PM - 265 Views Create A New Thread

Builder's Corner

By Contact Information
tazhog54

Wingate, NC

Making the top for my 1934 Phaeton
Well been 30 years plus that I owned this car and just keep pushing it to the side and building something else . Now redoing the top as it's been used for a shelve over the years not that anybody would do that . So cut the bent bows out and welding new bows in as this top was made from scratch 25 years ago , Now laying up some fiberglass for the edges and got some flat panels from a fiberglass place that made some boat tops .

SHARE THIS THREAD

StreetRodding.com Is Proud To Have The Following Advertisers Supporting This Site.

Comments
  • dixie
    Sep 16, 2018 at 7:55 AM

• JEFF thats gonna b a real low lid ,how much chop

• tazhog54
    Sep 15, 2018 at 7:46 PM

• Kinda on hold with this storm Florence, as our power goes on and off and don't want a surge in my compressor or other equipment in the shop to get zapped .Only they say 2 more days of boredom.

• tazhog54
    Sep 2, 2018 at 5:56 PM

• Laid the rest of the fiberglass resin and mat not bad 3 gallons of Evercoat resin and 12 packages of there fiber hair mat and 2 quarts of harden resin due to not working fast enough as it set up in the 90 degree heat . Guess you call that a opps resin. Tomorrow cut the hole for the mail slot rear window and grind the part I hate YUCK the itching starts

• tazhog54
    Sep 1, 2018 at 9:43 PM

• ready to lay some fiberglass on this side and rear corner

• tazhog54
    Aug 31, 2018 at 7:00 PM

• Layed down some fiberglass matting on the corner so maybe can finish the glass work on top tomorrow

• tazhog54
    Aug 31, 2018 at 6:58 PM

• Making the template for the REAR corner on the driver side

• tazhog54
    Aug 31, 2018 at 6:57 PM

• Same one Blade just trying to squeeze time in work on it . Did the back area adding flat panels as the metal is holding down the panels tight to the bows

• blade58
    Aug 31, 2018 at 6:58 AM

• See you back on it or is this one similar to another you were working on awhile back ? Top looks good

• tazhog54
    Aug 30, 2018 at 6:36 PM

• HAH FIXED IT just gota sweeten it a little LOL

• tazhog54
    Aug 30, 2018 at 5:24 PM

• what lost all the pics

Sign in to comment.

Find Your Street Rod

For Sale

Suicide Latch
New $299.00 +$0.00 Shipping (Orange, CA) Sep 11

Connect With Us